(WXYZ) - With water use banned in the area served by the South County Water Agreement, officials have set up areas where both non-potable and potable water is being distributed to residents.
Non-potable water is not for consumption and should be used for washing or bathing only. Potable water can be consumed.
Officials are distributing water at the following locations:
- Luna Pier Fire Station, 4268 Luna Pier Road, Luna Pier, Michigan
- Bedford Township Hall, 8100 Jackman Road, Bedford, Michigan
- Ida Township Hall, 3016 Lewis Ave, Ida, MI 48140
- Manufacturer's Market Place/Hardwood Plaza (North of McDonald's), 14930 LaPlaisance Road, Monroe, MI 48161
- Frenchtown Water Plant, 5300 North Dixie Hwy, Monroe, MI 48162
- Giuseppe's Pizza, 14731 S. Telegraph Road, Monroe, MI 48161
- Erie Fire Department, 2048 Manhattan Street, Erie, MI 48133
The stations will close at 8:00 p.m. tonight. Some of them are only distributing non-potable water, which will need to be boiled before being consumed.
The Red Cross has set up a special hotline that home bound people can call to arrange a water delivery. That number is (734) 243-8600. The phone lines will be open until 8:00 p.m. Sunday.
Residents must bring their own containers to fill. They are also urged to boil the water before use, if the containers are not considered potable.
Additional locations are being set up and will be added to the above list as they are released.