19-year-old Tucker Cipriano pleads not guilty in beating death of father; 'accomplice' breaks down

20-year-old Mitchell Young also charged

Mitchell Young sobbed uncontrollably when the judge in the case asked the 20-year-old if he was guilty of murder in connection with the beatings of Bob, Rose and Sal Cipriano.

Young, 20, and his co-defendant, Tucker Cipriano, appeared via video link in 47th District Court. Young was forced to pull himself together. When he regained his composure Young wailed, "I'm not guilty. I didn't do any of this."

As for Tucker Cipriano, 20, he was all business, showing no emotion as he told the court he was not guilty and admitted that he missed a visit with his probation officer.

Prosecutors charged both Cipriano and Mitchell Young with Premeditated Murder and Felony Murder in the death of Bob Cipriano. The pair has also been charged with two counts of Assault with Intent to Murder and one count of Armed Robbery.

Both men asked for court appointed attorneys. They were both ordered held without bond.

Assistant Oakland County Prosecutor John Skrzynski told the court the facts of the case are "horrific" and "inhuman".

Police say Cipriano and Young broke into the Cipriano family's Farmington Hills home in the early morning hours Monday and assaulted three members of the family with baseball bats.

Cipriano's father, Bob, died Monday from blunt force trauma. Cipriano's mother, Rose and 17-year-old brother, Sal, remain in the hospital in critical condition.

Investigators recovered two baseball bats from the scene that they believe were used to assault the family.

Young was taken into custody at the Cipriano home. Police say Tucker Cipriano fled the scene but was arrested later that afternoon at a friend's house in Keego Harbor.

Tucker told the court he had no job or current address. Mitchell said he was a full-time waiter. Both were ordered not to have contact with each other or the Cipriano family.

Many people were in court to support the suspects.

Christine Frederick said Tucker always had problems dealing with the fact that he was adopted.

"He took it out on the wrong family," Frederick said after court. "He needed to take it out on his real family."

A vigil was held Monday night at St. Fabian Church. Tuesday, family members released this statement.

Print this article Back to Top