Novi Oaks Hotel carbon monoxide scare
The all clear has been given at a Novi hotel after high levels of carbon monoxide were found.
NOVI, Mich. (WXYZ) - An employee at the Novi Oaks hotel in Novi could have stopped a potentially deadly situation Wednesday night.
The hotel was evacuated because of extremely high levels of carbon monoxide.
About 15-20 hotel guests waited outside for about an hour, others decided to leave, after they were evacuated shortly before 6:30 pm.
Firefighters tell 7 Action News a faulty pool heater is too blame for the concern at the Novi Oaks Hotel, near 12 Oaks Mall.
A few weeks ago, some weren't so lucky on the west side of the state at the Quality Inn and Suites in Niles.
Several kids were found unconscious at that hotel pool from Carbon Monoxide, a 13-year old losing his life.
Tonight, this hotel welcomed customers back, even though some went looking for other arrangements.
We're told a hotel worker had a headache and decided to call firefighters, which could have prevented a deadly situation.
No one else felt sick. Crews worked to fix the pool heater.
Like Us. We Like You.
Get local stories delivered directly to your newsfeed.
We're on Roku.
Stream local news, whenever you want.
Download the app today and get up to date info on the go.