LAKE ORION, Mich. (WXYZ) - Lake Orion Schools have provided their plan to make up missed school days due to the extreme winter in southeast Michigan.
The Michigan Department of Education allows up to six snow days, and many districts exceeded the allotment, including Lake Orion. Administrators from Lake Orion Schools released a tentative schedule for make-up days.
Proposed legislation could reduce the number of days that need to be made up. For now, Lake Orion Schools will extend the school year. Parents will be notified of any revisions to the schedule.
YOU CAN VIEW THE TENTATIVE PLAN BELOW:
Blanche Sims, Orion Oaks, Paint Creek, Pine Tree, Stadium Drive and Webber Elementary Schools and Waldon and Scripps Middle Schools
- School will be in session all day on June 13 instead of half-day as originally scheduled.
- School will be in session all day on June 16, 17, 18, and 19 and half-day on Friday, June 20.
- June 12 and 13 will be full days of instruction instead of half-days as originally planned.
- School will be in session all day on June 16 and 17.
- Wednesday, June 18 will be a late start.
- June 19 and June 20 will be half-days and tentatively scheduled as exam days.