Alpha Gamma Delta sorority house catches fire, evacuated at University of Michigan

ANN ARBOR, Mich (WXYZ) - The Ann Arbor Fire Department was called out to a sorority house at 2:30 a.m. Tuesday morning after a fire broke out on the third floor.

A mattress caught fire at Alpha Gamma Delta near Olivia and Hill St. and although the fire was quickly put out there was still extensive smoke damage to the second and third floor.

Sixty women were evacuated from the house.

No one was hurt and all sorority members got out safely.

Stay with WXYZ.com and 7 Action News for updates.

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments