ANN ARBOR, Mich., (WXYZ) - Students are moving back to campus at the University of Michigan, and the city of Ann Arbor is trying to make the transition as easy as possible.
From 6 a.m. Wednesday until 10 p.m. Friday there will be several traffic changes in effect including:
- Thompson - one way southbound from East Jefferson to Packard
- Madison - one way eastbound from South Division to South State
- Observatory - one way southbound from East Ann to Geddes
- East Washington - one way westbound from Fletcher to South State - meters bagged
- Maynard - meters bagged from Jefferson to East William
- East University - meters bagged from Hill to Willard
- Church - meters bagged from Hill to Willard
- North University Court - meters bagged
- Monroe - from State to the end of the cul-de-sac - meters bagged
- Oxford - parking reserved for move-in from Hill to Geddes
- Washington Heights - from Observatory to E. Medical Center Drive
- East Ann - one-way eastbound from Zina Pitcher Place to Observatory (Couzens Hall is opening this fall after being closed for a year of renovation)
From just today through Friday, it's estimated that 7,000 undergraduates students will be moving in.