Ecorse home destroyed by morning fire, no injuries reported

ECORSE, Mich. (WXYZ) - Ecorse firefighters battled a house fire Monday morning at a home in the 4200 block of 9th Street.

"Everything that I had," said Sondra Cartwright. "I lost everything."

Her grandsons and son were sleeping in her home when the fire started, but fortunately they woke up and got our safely.

"Times are hard now.  It is a wonder that I even had a roof over our heads. God is good. He makes no mistakes," said Cartwright as she watched her home continue to burn. "I don't have anything saved, just them.  I am grateful that they are okay. "

She says she did not have insurance, and has no idea how she will rebuild her life.

She was not home when the fire started, as she was visiting with a relative. There's no word yet on how the fire started.

The home next door also suffered some damage, but it did not catch fire.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments