Fire department responds to Owen Intermediate School in Belleville after reports of burning odor

BELLEVILLE, Mich., (WXYZ) - Firefighters responded to Owen Intermediate School in Belleville on Owen Road after reports of a burning odor coming from duct work.

Students in that wing of the school were moved to the lunchroom.

A smoking heater motor was to blame and had already been turned off by maintenance.

That part of the school was aired out before students were allowed to return to class.

STAY WITH WXYZ.COM AND 7 ACTION NEWS FOR UPDATES

Print this article Back to Top

Comments