Pepper spray goes off accidentally at Wyandotte High School

WYANDOTTE, Mich. (WXYZ) - A Wyandotte high school student's pepper spray accidentally went off, sending one person to the hospital Friday morning.

We're told the pepper spray went off in a stairwell near the senior hallway, and the stairwell, and the students were moved away from the scene.

According to Wyandotte Community Schools Superintendent Dr. Carla Harting, the idea was to get the students out of the building, and when the fire department arrived, they checked with them. The students were then moved to a part of the building that did not have the fumes.

Students tell us when they were being addressed by the school's principal in the gym, and the principal told them it was a senior prank.

One person was sent to the hospital as a precaution, but has been released.

 

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments