Students hospitalized after eating chips laced with K2 by classmate

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Two students are recovering after consuming chips laced with K2 during lunchtime yesterday.

According to a newsletter sent home to parents at Most Holy Trinity School in Detroit, an 8th grade boy allegedly sprinkled K2, the drug also known as Spice, in a bag of chips and offered it to four of his classmates

It left four students sick.

When faculty members found out, they called emergency personnel to the school.

Two students were hospitalized and one girl is now in ICU. A newsletter informing parents about the incident was sent home with parents.

"I think it's important that they let us know so we can be aware of these things," said parent Greg Norris.

Most Holy Trinity School said they had no comment.

According to the newsletter, the 8th grader has been expelled.

The Archdiocese of Detroit has yet to make a comment to 7 Action News. Meanwhile, some parents say they still feel very safe sending their students to the school.

"I think it's unfortunate but this is a good school," said Norris. "It's a good neighborhood and I have full confidence that it's not going to happen again and that my kids will be okay."

Detroit police are investigating the case. It's not clear if the boy involved will face any charges.
 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments