SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WXYZ) - Hundreds of people are coming together today to walk 60 miles to help raise money to support breast cancer research.
The Susan G. Komen 3 days walk kicks off Friday in Novi. The group is set to reach Dearborn for a closing ceremony on Sunday at 4:30 pm.
Participants raise a minimum of $2,300 and walk an average of 20 miles a day for three consecutive days. They aim to raise awareness about breast health and funds to help support breast cancer research and community outreach programs.
If you're interested in cheering these warriors on this weekend, below is the schedule:
Friday, August 16
- Opening Ceremony 7 - 7:30 a.m. Suburban Collection Showplace 46100 Grand River Avenue Novi
- Public Cheering Station 7:30 - 8:15 a.m. West Market Square 47800 Grand River Ave. Novi
- Public Cheering Station 10:45 - 2:30 p.m. Shops at the Trail Corner of Pontiac Trail & N Beck Road Wixom
Saturday, August 17
- Public Cheering Station 8:15 - 9:45 a.m. Downtown Northville Center Street between Dunlap Street & E Cady Street (East side) Northville
- Public Cheering Station 9:15 - 1 p.m. Kellogg Park Ann Arbor Trail and Main Street Plymouth
Sunday, August 18
- Public Cheering Station 7:25 - 8:10 a.m. Kennedy Elementary School 14201 Hubbard Street Livonia
- Closing Ceremony 4:30 - 5 p.m. Ford World Headquarters One American Road Dearborn