DETROIT (WXYZ) - Forbes magazine is out with their annual list of billionaires, also known as the list of the Richest People on the Planet , and Michigan is represented by a dozen people.
Amway's Richard DeVos comes in first as the richest Michigander (239th on the overall list) with a net worth of $5.1 billion. He's followed by Hank and Doug Meijer (24th on the overall list), who have a net worth of $5 billion.
The third richest Michigander (and 384th on the overall list) is Dan Gilbert, who comes in at $3.5 billion. Next (and 490th overall) is real estate tycoon Alfred Taubman, who has a net worth of $2.9 billion.
The complete list of Michigan billionaires from Forbes:
- (239th overall) Richard DeVos - $5.1B
- (248th overall) Hank & Doug Meijer - $5B
- (384th overall) Dan Gilbert - $3.5B
- (490th overall) Alfred Taubman - $2.9B
- (503rd overall) Ronda Stryker - $2.8B
- (527th overall) Michael & Marian Ilitch and family - $2.7B
- (974th overall) Manoj Bhargava - $1.5B
- (1031th overall) John Brown - $1.4B
- (1107th overall) Jon Stryker - $1.3B
- (1161th overall) William Ford, Sr. - $1.25B
- (1175th overall) Roger Penske - $1.2B
- (1268th overall) Manuel Maroun & family - $1.1B
Globally, Mexican telecommunications titan Carlos Slim Helu remains the world's richest man. He has an estimated net worth of $73 billion.
L'Oreal's Liliane Bettencourt is the world's richest woman (and 9th overall) with a net worth of $30 billion.
Bill Gates remains the richest American (and 2nd richest person overall) with a net worth of $67 billion. Christy Walton is the richest American woman (and 11th overall) with a net worth of $28.2 billion.