Read the following statement from Mayor Fouts about the letter:
“I have received a copy of Treasurer Moceri’s letter to Mr. Easter and clearly she misrepresented what occurred at the February 21, 2014 budget meeting. Here are the facts about that meeting:
· I never “bullied or threatened” Ms. Moceri in any way.
· I never “lunged” at her during our meeting.
· I have never “bullied or berated” any city employee.
· I never threatened to “cut” her department’s budget.
· The reason we met privately with Ms. Moceri was to establish a harmonious relationship between her and me and between our departments because of past disagreements.
· There was no reason “to fear for her safety,” and she left the meeting on a friendly note.
“I received the letter about 4 p.m. on February 27 and to say I am surprised by it is an understatement. Curiously, she did not allow Mr. Easter enough time to respond to this letter. Her releasing the letter to the media was premature and clearly meant to embarrass me politically.
“I do feel very passionate about my job as I hope Treasurer Moceri does as well. That passion sometimes is expressed in heated arguments that do no require any anger management help.”