ALLEN PARK, Mich. - One day after the two sides stood by different stories, the Lions and Calvin Johnson appear to be on the same page.
Johnson told reporters Thursday he suffered a concussion in the Lions Week 4 matchup against the Minnesota Vikings. He also said he has experienced nerve damage since the game.
Friday, the Lions and Johnson released coinciding statements refuting the previous statements by the All-Pro wide receiver.
"In response to the various reports yesterday regarding Calvin Johnson and injuries, we reiterate that Calvin did not suffer a concussion at any time this season," it read.
The Lions said the hit Johnson sustained during the game September 30 resulted in removal from the game and immediate, appropriate concussion protocol by team doctors.
"He also was subsequently examined the following day and was found to have no concussion. Additionally, Calvin did not suffer any nerve damage," the statement said.
Johnson did make mention during his media session Thursday the hit could have been referred to as a "stinger." The Lions classified it as such in said statement.
Calvin's written comments accompanied the Lions statement.
"I would like to clarify some of my comments from yesterday. I am aware that I did not suffer a concussion in our game against the Vikings earlier this year. I misused the terms 'nerve damage' and 'concussion.'
"I have not suffered any nerve damage nor have I received any treatment for nerve damage. I did suffer a stinger in the game against Minnesota and also have experienced the kind of wear and tear that most NFL players are dealing with at this point in the season."
Injuries must be reported by teams before games. Failure to do so results in a fine from the NFL. The Lions have maintained since September 30 that Johnson did not suffer a concussion.