DETROIT (WXYZ) - The Detroit Tigers announced their promotional schedule for the upcoming 2014 season. This season will include 33 giveaways, and 17 postgame firework extravaganzas.
The fireworks, courtesy of Pepsi, will follow Friday and Saturday night baseball games.
Sunday will be kids day again this year, and the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" giveaway guarantee continues, with all kids 14 and younger receiving a promotional item. Kids can also enjoy free rides on the Comerica Bank Carousel and Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, free face painting and Kids Run the Bases.
The Tigers will also honor the 1984 World Series Champion team with a 30th Anniversary Celebration. On Monday, June 30, there will be a special pre-game on-field ceremony, and 1984 Replica Road jerseys for the first 20,000 fans.
Some of the highlighted season giveaways include:
- Sunday April, 20: Torii Hunter Silver Slugger Mini Bat (All Kids)
- Friday, May 9: Miguel Cabrera 3-time Batting Champion Trophy (First 10,000 fans)
- Thursday, June 5: Max Scherzer 2013 Cy Young Award Winner Bobblehead (First 10,00 fans)
- Monday, June 30: 1984 World Series Champion 30th Anniversary Replica Road Jersey (First 20,000 fans)
- Saturday, August 2: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez Collectible Figurine (First 15,000 adults)
- Thursday, August 14: Justin Verlander Mini-Bobblehead (First 10,000 fans)
- Friday, August 15: Miguel Cabrera Back-to-Back MVP Bobblehead (First 10,000 fans)
For the entire, promotion schedule, visit tigers.com