MAP: School closing chances for metro Detroit area schools

(WXYZ) - Will school be closed on Wednesday? We know that's the biggest question in town right now. The 7 First Alert Weather Team has put together this map showing school closing chances for southeast Michigan.

LATEST SCHOOL CLOSINGS: http://wxyz.com/closings

UPDATED FORECAST & LIVE RADAR: http://wxyz.com/weather

 

How do schools decide on snow days?: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/weather/weather_blogs/chris_edwards/how-do-schools-decide-on-snow-days

School closing chances are based on snow totals that are predicted for the communities around metro Detroit.

The map shows a 50% chance of school closings for the middle of our area. Northern areas  have a 70% chance. Areas to the west of Detroit have a 30% chance of a day off of school.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments