Glenda Lewis and Meijer Healthy Living Advisor cook citrus salmon.
Citrus Salmon with Napa
1/3 cup Meijer reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp. Meijer Olive or Canola Oil
1 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. McCormick red pepper flakes
1/4 cup Meijer orange juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup green onion, diced
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. Salmon
4 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
1. Mix soy sauce, oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, orange juice, brown sugar, and green onion. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade—set aside. Add remaining marinade to a shallow pan.
2. Rinse salmon fillet and add to pan with marinade – turn to coat and allow to marinate about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Coat grill grates with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Remove Salmon from marinade and place on grill (skin side down). Discard marinade. Grill until fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily with a fork (about 10-12 minutes).
5. Toss shredded Napa cabbage with the 1/4 cup reserved marinade; divide dressed cabbage evenly among four plates.
6. Serve salmon on top of shredded Napa cabbage. Garnish with additional diced green onion, if desired.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 355, Fat 22g, Cholesterol 71mg, Sodium 468mg, Carbohydrate 11g, Fiber 2g, Protein 27g.
Like Us. We Like You.
Get local stories delivered directly to your newsfeed.
We're on Roku.
Stream local news, whenever you want.
Download the app today and get up to date info on the go.