NEW YORK (AP) - A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
SEE a picture of Jack here:
The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins can be lethal.
The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy
Like Us. We Like You.
Get local stories delivered directly to your newsfeed.
We're on Roku.
Stream local news, whenever you want.
Download the app today and get up to date info on the go.