CANTON, Mich. (WXYZ) - Several workers fell ill early this morning after carbon monoxide was detected inside the Kroger store in Canton Center on Ford Road .
Michcon, a company of DTE Energy, was on the scene and discovered a leak in the heating unit on the roof of the store. This lead to the carbon monoxide getting inside.
The broken heating unit was turned off and is being repaired.
The store was closed during the early hours, but is now open after it was aired out.
Like Us. We Like You.
Get local stories delivered directly to your newsfeed.
We're on Roku.
Stream local news, whenever you want.
Download the app today and get up to date info on the go.