WXYZ Internship Details
Winter Application Period: September 15th – November 1st
Summer Application Period: December 15th – February 1st
Fall Application Period: June 15th – August 1st
You must be a junior or senior enrolled in a college or university and receive credit for the internship in order to be considered.
Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being actively considered for the internship opening will be contacted for further consideration.
Our requirements are:
1. To be at least a Junior in college.
2. To reside in the immediate surrounding area during the period of internship.
3. To work the equivalent of a part-time employee for college credit while assigned to a program. If accepted as an intern, you will be required to bring proof of registration on your first day at the station.
4. Interns are expected to work a routine schedule daily over a 10 to 13 week period. (Hours can be flexible if need arises.)
5. The candidate must be available for a personal interview.
Our interns are expected to actively contribute to the department to which they are assigned.
Interns will serve in the following departments or programs:
NEWS – Assist Assignment Desk/Web/News Team
DIGITAL - Assist Digital Team with all digital platforms including WXYZ.com and social media platforms.
SPECIAL PROJECTS – Assist Investigative/Call For Action/Detroit 2020 Unit
SPORTS – Assist Sports Department
PUBLIC AFFAIRS – Assist with Public Affairs, Programming and Editorials.
PUBLIC RELATIONS / PROGRAMMING – Press releases, talent biographies, special event coordination. Assist with long form shows, i.e. Woodward Dream Cruise, documentaries, special events. Interns would also be expected to do research, field producing, writing, logging tapes and setting up interviews.
To apply for an internship visit http://scripps.com/careers/ - in the menu on the left click "careers" and then "search jobs." Select "WXYZ-TV Detroit" from the work location menu and click Search.
If you have any questions regarding this internship program, please call Karen Podrasky at 248-827-9304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.