SOUTHFIELD, MICH (WXYZ) — Busch's Fresh Food Market shares recipe for Curry Coconut Chicken Satay just in time for the super bowl! It's posted below. Enjoy!
Curry Coconut Chicken Satay
Yield: 6-8 Appetizer Servings
1 ½ Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Cut into 1” pieces
1 (15 oz) can Coconut Milk
2 Quarter Sized Pieces Fresh Ginger
4 cloves Fresh Garlic
1 Medium Shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
3 tablespoons Soy Sauce or Thai Fish Sauce
3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Red Thai Curry Paste
1 teaspoon dried turmeric
1 teaspoon Dried Cumin
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
Peanut Sauce for dipping (optional)
Fresh Cilantro & lime wedges for serving
1. Combine the coconut milk, ginger, garlic, shallot, soy sauce, sugar, curry paste, turmeric, cumin, and salt in the bowl of a food processor filled with a metal blade. Puree the mixture until smooth.
2. Combine the contents of the food processor and the chicken pieces in a zip top bag or non-reactive container and allow to marinate for 1 to eight hours.
3. Thread the chicken pieces onto metal or bamboo skewers. Make sure to soak bamboo skewers in water for about 20-30 minutes before using. Refrigerate the skewers until ready to cook.
4. Grill or broil the satay skewers for about 6-8 minutes, turning often, until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.
5. Serve the satay skewers with chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and peanut sauce for dipping.
To learn more about Busch's Fresh Food Market, visit https://www.buschs.com/