SOUTHFIELD, MICH (WXYZ) — Chili Roasted Butternut Squash With Pepitas
5 pounds Butternut Squash
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 teaspoons Kosher or Sea Salt
1 teaspoon dried ancho chili powder
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
½ cup honey
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
¼ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
1. Using a sturdy knife, peel and seed the butternut squash. Chop the butternut squash into ½ inch pieces.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine the chopped butternut squash, three tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, and ancho chili powder in a large bowl and toss to combine.
3. Spread the butternut squash out on a parchment lined or oiled sheet pan. Place the squash in the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, or until the squash is tender and lightly browned.
4. Remove the squash from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Combine the remaining olive oil with the lime juice, honey, cayenne, and smoked paprika. Gently toss the cooked squash with the dressing, along with the pepitas and cilantro or parsley.
5. The squash can be served immediately, at room temperature, or can be refrigerated for up to three days before serving.
To learn more about Busch's Fresh Food Market, visit https://www.buschs.com/