DEXTER, MI (WXYZ) — We can all get in a rut when it comes to food.
Many times we find ourselves eating the same things because it's easy or convenient. Chef Kieron Hales with Zingerman's Cornman Farms stopped by Broadcast House to show Action News viewers a new and tasty meal idea.
To learn more about Zimmerman's or to place an order, visit https://www.zingermanscornmanfarms.com/
Pie crust is made with:
* Gluten flour
* Beef Suet (grated beef fat)
1. Freeze the butter and grate it using a cheese grater
2. Combine salt and flour in a bowl and blend in the grated butter until you have a fine, mealy consistency
3. Form together with ice water
4. Use Heinz Malt Vinegar bottle to shape the pie and place in the pie ring
5. Add filling of choice