FERNDALE, MICH (WXYZ) — If you're looking for a one-of-a-kind treat for your mom or any other special special woman in your life, why not giver her a cookie.
The Detroit Cookie Company has a variety of options. The owners even share a recipe of one of their favoprites below. The learn more about the Detroit Cookie Company, visit https://www.detroitcookieco.com/
Blueberry Chip Doughnut Cookie
· 1 cup packed brown sugar
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· 1 cup room temperature butter
· 2 eggs
· 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
· 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 ½ cups Blueberries
· 2 Blueberry Chip Doughnuts
1. Cream the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment until creamy.
2. Add the sugars and beat on medium speed, about 1-2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl down when necessary.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla to the sugar mixture and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure there are no butter clumps.
4. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add dry mixture to the sugar, butter and egg mixture and mix until combined but do not over mix.
6. Add the chopped doughnuts and fresh blueberries to the cookie dough on low speed.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop cookies into golf ball size mounds spaced evenly apart so that the cookies do not bake together.
8. Chill dough for one hour
9. Preheat oven to 350oF
10. Bake cookies 12-15 minutes. Watch cookies at 12 minutes as some ovens bake differently.
11. Allow cookies to cool 3-5 minutes before eating. Enjoy!