DETROIT (WXYZ) — The Detroit Free Press Wine & Food Experience presents rich and colorful moments for guests to taste, savor and explore the Detroit culinary scene, from local trends to regional traditions.
The gourmet tasting includes culinary creations by local chefs, emerging talent and nationally renowned culinary leaders who mix with patrons in a convivial setting. Highlights will also include lively cooking demonstrations, chef meet & greets, and seminars deliver unforgettable experiences for fans, connoisseurs, partners, purveyors, and industry personalities.
Guests can also Indulge in the VIP experience for an hour early admittance into the experience, plus a chance to mix and mingle with chefs. To learn more, visit https://wineandfood.usatoday.com/events/detroit/
Double Chocolate Vegan Brownies
• 1/4 cup boiling water
• 1/4 cup cacao chocolate chips
• 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan
- Combine boiling water, and chocolate chips (in glass measuring cup). Stir to thoroughly combine.
- In a bowl of standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add coffee mixture and continue to mix to combine.
- Add the oil, water, and vanilla (combine in glass measuring cup). Mix to combine
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. stir in walnuts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely