SOUTHFIELD, MICH (WXYZ) — Lemon Chicken Tortellini Soup with Dill
* 1-2 pounds of cooked chicken (try using rotisserie chicken)
* 2 T. unsalted butter
* 6 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
* 4 stalks of celery, ribbed and diced into bite-size pieces
* 1 large yellow onion, diced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 10 c. low sodium chicken stock
* 20 oz. tortellini pasta with cheese
* 2 c. frozen peas
* 6-10 ounces of baby spinach
* juice and zest of 1 lemon
* 1 T. chopped fresh dill – add more if you would like
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Using a large pot, turn heat to medium-high. Add butter. Once melted, add carrots, celery and onion. Stir occasionally, cooking until softened a bit, about 8 minutes.
2. Then stir in the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
For more health tips and information, visit https://www.ahealthiermichigan.org/