Love it or hate it, technology is a part of our kids’ lives.
Mompreneur Carly Dorogi from Capital M Media stopped by Broadcast House to share information about some helpful new tech solutions that are mom and kid-approved.
For more information and coupon codes, head to https://hellocapitalm.com/
Use code RB_WXYZ for 20% off
• Rocketbook is an endlessly reusable digital notebook. Take notes, scan to
your preferred cloud service with the Rocketbook app, and erase your pages
with a moistened cloth.
• Rocketbook is perfect for the student, educator, corporate professional, artist,
traveler, and any busy person on the go. The Everlast comes in 3 different
sizes, perfect for any adventure. The newest product is the Everlast Mini,
which fits perfectly in your pocket.
• Rocketbook is the #1 selling notebook on Amazon and is the #1 office/school
product in crowdfunding history.
2. Octopus Watch
Promotional pricing of $49.99 October 15 - mid November (regularly $79.99)
• The first icon-based watch that empowers kids by teaching good habits and
the concept of time
• It's a watch, a scheduler and an assistant. Over 1,000 icons to choose from
• It helps foster responsibility, independence and self-esteem. (it also helps kids
with special needs).
• Epic! is the digital library for kids, providing kids unlimited access to 25,000
high-quality books and videos
• Epic! award-winning service helps nurture a love of reading and learning, and
is a great way to set your kids up for success this school year.
• Unlimited access to Epic!’s entire library is only $7.99 per month. Try it free
for 30 days at www.getepic.com.
• Helio is an award-winning children's night light projection system. Base units
come in above colors, included in Helio Base are 5 starter discs (solar
system, under the sea, animal sleep patterns, animal speed, and beach
scene) and a 3.7 volt rechargeable lithium ion battery and charger.
• Additional disc packs sold separately range from sight words, math facts,
word family blends, state facts and much more. These interchangeable discs
parallel each child's interest, age, and grade level.
• Helio reinforces memorization and cognitive retention AND conversation in a
soothing bedtime environment.
Use code ASKWOOBO for 10% off entire order. Expires 12/1/18
• Kids will find a high-tech playmate in Woobo who is a smart toy that was
launched on Kickstarter last year that is knowledgeable, interactive, and
constantly learning. Woobo can answer questions in a kid-friendly way and
play physical and creative games that help them wonder.
• Woobo also helps with friendly reminders about healthy habits like going to
bed on time or brushing their teeth to make kids more independent. Woobo's
library is constantly expanding and comprises of a diverse range of stories
and songs that fosters creativity and social emotional development.
• Woobo was completely sold out at the end of the Kickstarter campaign which
raised $337,000. This is the first time, Woobo is available to order online on
Amazon as well as Woobo's store, retailing at $149 per unit.
6. OurPact Parental Control and Family Locator
• OurPact is a parental control and family locator app that allows parents
manage screen time by blocking apps & texting and also allows them create
geo-fences around specific locations to receive instant alerts when kids arrive
at, or leave, any set zone: school, home, or even Grandma’s place! It also has
a web filter to block adult content on iOS and alerts for when new apps are
installed on your child’s device.
• It’s perfect for ensuring devices aren’t a distraction during family meals or
homework time, and that children aren’t staying up past bedtime playing
games. Parents can manage children’s iOS or Android devices from
OurPact’s iOS, Android or web application, on Wi-Fi or any cellular connection
(e.g. 4G LTE). No hardware required.