BIRMINGHAM, MI (WXYZ) — The new Birmingham upscale attraction 220 is a landmark in history. The restaurant is housed in the “Old Detroit Edison” building that has been standing since 1932.
220 Merrill Street Restaurant operated as a local gathering place for many people over 15 years. Whether you were a regular, a local or just stopping in town, everyone was welcomed. Fast-forwarding to present day, the renovated restaurant launched on July 30, 2014 with an all white attire grand opening. The menu is comprised of mainly contemporary American cuisine.
To learn more, check out the menu or make a reservation, visit http://220restaurant.com/
Wagyu Corned Beef Hash ‘n’ Eggs
· 5# Corned Beef
· 2qt. Chicken Stock
· 1Tbsp. Pickling Spice
· .25cup Honey
· .25cup Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
Roasting Pan or Slow Cooker
1. Over medium high heat, sear beef till slightly crispy.
2. Remove beef and deglaze with chicken stock and pickling spice.
3. Place riser rack in bottom of pan.
4. Return beef to pan, make sure not to fully submerge.
5. Mix honey and mustard, then coat top of beef.
6. Cover tightly and braise at 200* for 6 hours.
7. Cool completely in liquid.
8. Remove from liquid and break into large bite pieces
9. Strain liquid with fine mesh strainer and reserve cold.
· 5# Baked Yukon Potatoes
· 1cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
· 1cup Potato Starch
· 2Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
· 2Tbsp Vinegar Powder
Fry or Bake at 350*
1. Smash, break or cut prebaked potatoes into bite size pieces.
2. Gently toss potatoes in melted butter.
3. Mix starch with seasonings
4. Evenly season with dry mixture
5. Fry or bake till golden brown and crispy
· Heat large cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
· Quickly blister cherry tomatoes and remove from pan to cool.
· To pan add Clarified Butter or Grapeseed oil
· Add Corned Beef, Crispy Potatoes and Shaved Cabbage.
· Heat through and deglaze with small amount of braising liquid.
· Toss in julienned red onion and top with fresh cracked eggs.
· Lightly season with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
· Bake at 350* till egg whites are no longer runny.
· Garnish with Italian parsley leaves, Blistered tomatoes and a drizzle of braising liquid. Enjoy!
Other great additions might include jalapeno, crème fraiche, chives, hollandaise, swiss cheese sauce or anything that sounds good at the moment.