SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WXYZ) — If you're looking to change things up in the kitchen or at your next gathering, Papa Joe's Gourmet Market and Catering has added something new to it's menu that you may want to try.
It's their Caprese Chicken Breast. Check out the recipe below:
Papa Joe's Caprese Chicken Breast
For the Marinade:
- 4 oz Tomato Basil Sauce 2 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz Sun-dried Tomatoes, finely chopped 1 TBS Basil
- 1 TBS Oregano 1 TBS Rosemary
- 1 TBS Thyme 1 oz Garlic, minced
- 1 TBS Black Pepper 1 TBS Paprika
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients together
For the Dish:
- 4 Chicken breast, cleaned and trimmed, aprox. 8 oz
- 8 oz Buffalo Mozzarella, cut in 1 oz slices ( 8 slices)
- 4 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 oz Balsamic Glaze
- 4 oz Cooking Oil
Marinate chicken breast at least 4 hours (best if marinated overnight). Remove chicken from marinade and allow to sit 5 minutes before cooking. Discard the marinade. In large sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Sear the chicken on each side approximately 5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
While chicken is cooking, heat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare a non-stick baking sheet. Remove chicken from pan, serving side up and place on baking sheet
Top each chicken breast with 2 slices of mozzarella, and place in oven to melt and brown cheese, about 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Serve immediately and refrigerate all leftovers.
Papa Joe's has locations in Birmingham and Rochester.