SOUTHFIELD, MICH (WXYZ) — Royal icing , recipe from Sugardeaux
2 lb bag of powdered sugar
6 tbsp of CK or Genie’s Dream Meringue Powder
3/4 tsp of Cream of Tartar
5 oz warm water
1 tsp Clear Butter Flavor
2 tsp Clear Vanilla Flavor You can also use almond, lemon or whatever you choose!
1 tbsp of Light Corn Syrup
· Mix your meringue powder and warm water with your WHISK attachment on medium high speed until it is thickened up and doubled in size (about 1 min)
· Add Cream of Tartar, Butter & Vanilla Flavors. Mix about 30 secs.
· Still using whisk attachment, add half bag of powdered sugar and mix on LOW until smooth - about 30 secs. ( If you have a plastic cover- great! If not wrap a clean tea towel around mixer to keep sugar in.)
· Add Corn Syrup, mix in (10 secs)
· Stop mixer and add remaining Powdered Sugar. Mix on medium-low for 30 secs, then scrape down sides of bowl. Mix for ONE more minute.
· Makes enough RI to ice about 3-4 dozen medium cookies.
· Immediately store in airtight container(s)
To learn more about The Cake Girl or to place an order, visit