SOUTHFIELD, MICH (WXYZ) — The Silver Pig South West Braised Short Rib
5 Lbs Boneless short rib
1 Tbl Chili Powder
1 Tbl Cumin
1 Tbl Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
2 Tbl Oregano (leaf)
1 tsp Cayenne
1 Tbl Granulated Garlic
2 Tbl Vegetable Oil
1 ea Spanish Onion
3 ea Celery Stalks
1 ea Carrot
1 ea Pablano Pepper
½ cup Beer of choice
2 qt Beef Broth
1. Mix all of the dry spices and rub into the short rib meat.
2. Place a large Sauce pot on high, add the vegetable oil.
3. Carefully add the seasoned short rib to oil and seared evenly on all sides. Transfer the meat to a plate for later use.
4. Add the vegetables and saute until lightly caramelized.
5. Add the beer and cook for 1 minute. Add the beef broth and bring to a simmer. Add the short rib back into the pot and cover with a lid. (you can also transfer into a crock pot to cook.
6. Simmer on low for 3 hours or until fork tender.
7. Remove the short rib on to a plate to shred (I suggest using 2 forks)
8. Using a hand emersion blender or a stand up blender, puree the cooking liquid.
9. Add some of the pureed liquid back into the shredded beef and enjoy.
****you can substitute another protein if desired. I suggest pork loin or chicken. ****
****This can be used for taco’s, quesadillas, nacho’s or add to mac and cheese****
Learn more about the Silver Pig at https://thesilverpig.com/