CHARLOTTE, Mich. — Charlotte farmer, realtor, beloved father and husband Jeremy Droscha passed away Friday night after sustaining severe burns in a home explosion earlier this week, the Droscha family confirmed on Facebook on Saturday.
On Tuesday, Jeremy and his four-year-old daughter Aubrey were home on the 2000 block of S Steward Rd. when the house exploded. Aubrey received minor injuries but Jeremy was taken to a local hospital with second and third degree burns over 60% of his body.
Jeremy, his wife Jessica, and their three children lost everything in the explosion. Jeremy's cousin, Adam Droscha speculated that the explosion was caused by a leaking gas line inside the home.
In the days since the explosion the mid-Michigan community has come together to support the family through Go Fund Me and a clothing drive through the Charlotte Future Farmers of America non-profit organization. The Go Fund Me page shows over $50,000 has been donated so far.
Want to see more local news? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Neighborhood News, Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines, and Daily Forecasts.