SOUTHFIELD, MICH (WXYZ) — Meal Prep Specialist, Maria LeMay-Bey, shares benefits of plant-based diet.
Bey says that while it's not a generally accepted concept, the diet has been proven time and time again to be the best diet to maintain your health and to both prevent and reverse many terminal diseases. She also says that through moderation you will see improvement, but you won't see a full reversal of disease until you completely cut animal products and frankenfoods from your diet. To learn more about Moor Herbs, visit http://moorherbs.com/about-us/
Vegan Fried Chicken
2 cups Wheat gluten
1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp Herbal Blend 3 3/4 cups water
1/4 cups Liquid Protein
Oil for frying
- Pre-heat oil for frying. At least 1/2 inch deep (or use your deep fryer)
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir / knead until combined.
- One at a time shape into desired shape (patties, chicken strips, wing dings, etc), squeezing firmly to release excess liquid and allow the dough to bind.
- Fry on one side until the dough begins to expand, flip over and fry until golden brown.
- As they are done, remove from frying pan and rest them on strainer to allow oil to roll off.
- Enjoy it your way!! Sandwich, smothered in bbq sauce, diced into a soup, etc.