The 2018 North American International Auto Show Charity Preview is a slam dunk for local children's charity, with officials saying it raised $5.1 million dollars this year.
Officials say over 13,000 people attended the black-tie gala, which raised money for children's charities, including:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan
- Boys Hope Girls Hope Detroit
- Children’s Center
- The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation
- Detroit Auto Dealers Association Charitable Foundation Fund
- Detroit PAL
- Judson Center
- March of Dimes Metro Detroit
Officials say the Charity Preview has raised nearly $118 million for southeastern Michigan children's charities since it was established by the Detroit Auto Dealers Association 42 years ago.