After 10 years, SMART is offering free shuttle service to help people get to the Woodward Dream Cruise on Saturday, Aug. 18.
The SMART shuttle is free, and riders can board at any SMART RED or FAST bus stop from 8 Mile Rd. to Pontiac. It will begin at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
According to SMART, routes 450/460 Woodward Local service and FAST Woodward routes 461/462 will operate to the State Fairgrounds and then detour using the bypass route to Pontiac.
Riders can continue on the bypass to be transported to their final destination between 8 Mile and Pontiac, and riders can get on or off at any safe spot along the bypass route or any red SMART Bus stop.
SMART fares are in effect for regular routes.
Riders may transfer to other SMART crosstown routes along the bypass route at these
- State Fairgrounds (Woodward south of 8 Mile)
- Campbell and 11 Mile Road
- On 13 Mile just east of Coolidge
- Regular SMART stop at Somerset Collection
- Regular SMART stop in Pontiac on Huron between Perry and Saginaw