The 59th Annual Ann Arbor Street Art Fair begins Thursday, July 19, and we've compiled what you should know to get out there safe and have a great time!
If you want to head out today, the festivities start at 10 a.m. and run until 9 p.m. Though the four-fairs-in-one event is set up on East Washington and East Huron, you may want to go straight to the designated parking and park and ride areas.
Where to park
- By car: Maynard Street Parking Structure is located two blocks from the center of the fair. Evening and Saturday parking is available at the UM parking garage on Thayer and Washington.
- Park & Ride
- All Park & Ride Shuttles run every 10 to 15 minutes, Thursday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Kids age 5 and younger ride free, and there are no pets allowed on the shuttles.
- Shuttles will run from Briarwood Mall, Pioneer High School and Huron High School. Click here for details on cost and pick-up times.
Cost to park
- Many lots charge $15 a day and $7 after 5 p.m.
What to see
- Art Activity Zone : Create your own masterpieces! There will be poster-making, necklace-making, pottery and wool felting. This zone is located on Ingalls Mall, near E. Washington between Thayer and Fletcher.
- Art Demo Zone : Learn how artists develop their works of art! Watch their painting skills, metal illustration and photographic vision. This zone is located under the big maples on N. University near Hill Auditorium.
- Fountain Stage : More than 20 acts, including indie, pop and soul bands, will be featured throughout the duration of the fair. The stage is located on Ingalls Mall.
- Street Painting : Keep your eyes peeled to witness a large-scale piece come to life right before you.
- Street Performers : The fair will be abuzz with performers dancing, playing music and singing!
If you're looking to volunteer, click here to sign up online.
The Art Fair runs Thursday, July 19 to Sunday, July 22. Hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday - Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday. The fair is free and open to the public.
For anything we missed or if you want more details, visit the Fair's website here .
There's a chance of rain this weekend, so be sure to check out your forecast .