WASHTENAW COUNTY, Mich. (WXYZ) — Two positive cases of coronavirus disease were reported in Washtenaw County.
The county says both diagnosed individuals remain isolated in their homes and have been working closely with the Washtenaw County Health Department to identify close contacts and other lower-risk contacts so they can be notified and quarantined.
- RELATED: There are now 12 confirmed coronavirus cases in the state of Michigan
- RELATED: Oakland County releases list of possible COVID-19 exposure locations
“We continue to closely monitor all individuals with direct, personal contact with the identified cases, such as household contacts” says Juan Luis Marquez, MD, MPH, Washtenaw County Medical Director, in a press release. “In addition, we want our community to be fully aware of any possible, but lower-risk community exposures.”
As a precaution, the health department is asking anyone in the following locations at the specific time and day listed to watch themselves for symptoms of COVID-19.
Monday, March 9
- Detroit Metro Airport, 9000 Middlebelt Road, Romulus, North Terminal in the afternoon, approximately 12 to 1 p.m.
- The Hair Spot, 1512 North Maple Road, Ann Arbor from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.
- The Ann Arbor YMCA, 400 West Washington, Ann Arbor from 6 to 7 p.m.
In addition, Oakland County Health Division announced a low-risk, possible exposure on Saturday, March 7 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm at the Tap Room, 201 West Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti.
COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
There are 12 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the state of Michigan, as of March 13.