Ford Motor Company is unveiling a new tool that hopes to reduce wait times for car buyers at dealerships.
Ready.Shop.Go. will allow customers to search inventory, view pricing and incentives, lock in a deal for 48 hours, apply for financing, estimate trade-in values, schedule a test drive and more before they actually set foot in a dealers showroom.
“Our customers are busy people, whether with daily work demands or spending time with their families. Quality time is scarce and downtime is even more so,” said Mark LaNeve, vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Ready.Shop.Go. allows them to find the perfect vehicle online, spend significantly less time at the dealership and drive away with their new ride sooner.”
The program will launch in Michigan and several other midwest states this month and be available throughout the United States by the end of the year.
The offers include:
- Pricing transparency – participating dealers set vehicle pricing, including taxes and fees
- Personalized incentives
- Customized finance and lease options
- Consumer promise honoring quoted deal for 48 hours (subject to vehicle availability)
- Pricing comparison - review actual prices with the Kelley Blue Book® Price Advisor and Trade-In Values
- Options for scheduling test drives
- Online credit application process through Ford Credit
- Ability to save a deal and return later to complete the process
- Customer selects preferred method of contact by dealership
- Assignment of single point of contact on the dealer end to ensure the experience is well managed for the customer throughout the process
Eventually, Ready.Set.Go. will include customizable purchases and lease options through AutoFi, a company which Ford Motor Credit Company invested in.