Actions

Indiana man electrocuted while power-washing Michigan church

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WXYZ.png
Posted at 1:21 PM, Jul 16, 2018
and last updated 2018-07-16 13:21:00-04

CASSOPOLIS, Mich. (AP) — An Indiana man power-washing the exterior of a southwestern Michigan church has died after coming in contact with an electrical line.

The contracted employee was in a bucket lift Saturday afternoon outside St. Ann's Catholic Church in Cassopolis when he was electrocuted.

Police say the 65-year-old man was from Bremen, south of South Bend, Indiana. His name has not been released. Cassopolis is just north of the state line with Indiana.