The Michigan Department of Transportation will be closing portions of I-94 in Detroit over the next three weekends.
The closures are between I-75 and Conner Street and will alternate between eastbound and westbound lanes, with one closure in both directions included.
The following is the planned schedule:
- 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26 to 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 29 – Eastbound I-94 will be closed from I-75 to Conner Street for pavement repair.
- DETOUR: Northbound I-75 to eastbound Eight Mile Road to eastbound I-94.
- 8:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5 – I-94 will be closed in both directions between Conner Street and I-75 to allow crews to set new beams at the Gratiot Avenue bridge and to remove three pedestrian structures that are currently closed.
- DETOURS: Will include Eight Mile Road and I-75 for both directions.
- 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12 – Westbound I-94 will be closed from Conner Street to I-75 for pavement repair.
- DETOUR: Westbound Eight Mile Road to southbound I-75 to westbound I-94.
During the full closure on Nov. 2, crews will start closing street ramps to both eastbound and westbound I-94 at 7 p.m.