DETROIT (WXYZ) — Detroiters will get another exclusive opportunity to apply for jobs at the new FCA assembly plant, the city says.
More than 400 Job Readiness events will be available at locations across the city.
The city says more than 3,500 Detroit residents are already in the cue to interview for positions, but a new application window, open in April 2020, will provide another opportunity for Detroiters to apply.
“There are already 3,500 Detroiters who have been invited to interview with FCA for these good-paying positions, and we want as many of the 5,000 jobs as possible to go to Detroit residents,” said Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan in a press release. “These are the kinds of opportunities that can lift families who may be struggling right into the middle class and allow them to build a career.”
FCA agreet to give priority to Detroit residents in the application process.
In order to apply for one of the positions with FCA, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high-school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to pass a physical and drug screen, including a negative result for marijuana use
- Pass a mechanical reasoning and behavioral assessment
- Have a Federal or State photo ID to prove they are a Detroit resident
To begin the registration process, click here.