STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich. (WXYZ) — A synthetic ice-skating rink, food trucks and other developments are planned for Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights.
Miami-based real estate firm Lionheart Capital bought the mall in December 2019.
- Lord + Taylor closing store at Lakeside Mall by September
- State orders Jeepers at Lakeside Mall to immediately stop operating unsafe carnival rides
- Sterling Heights to unveil new 'evolutionary' redesign of Lakeside Mall
- Sterling Heights officials traveling to find new options for Lakeside Mall
- Radical overhaul possible for Lakeside Mall
The rink will feature sound and lighting for disco skating and offer programs for young children to learn how to skate. It will also be available to rent for private parties, figure skating and more.
“We are thrilled to be bringing an ice-skating rink to Lakeside,” said Jerry Weller, Mall Manager. “This will definitely create a new fun experience to the mall and we hope the Sterling Heights community is as enthusiastic as we are.”
Art installations will also be coming to the mall. Graffiti artists will add murals and create art galleries. There are also plans to host art workshops for children and teens.
In late spring, Lakeside Mall will have a food and truck pop-up market, featuring selections from Sterling Heights and Detroit food vendors.