The Regional Transit Authority of Southeast Michigan plans to engage the southeast Michigan community to gather their feedback and opinions on regional transit.
“Creating opportunities to engage the community is a crucial step in deciding the next steps for regional transit in Southeast Michigan,” said RTA Board of Directors Chair Paul Hillegonds. “Our regional community members are the most important stakeholder in this process and gathering their input is invaluable. We want to hear from as many people as possible.”
Community meetings are open to all members of the public and will be held in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
Members can also engage in the conversation on social media using #RTA2018 and #ConnectSEMichigan.
The full community meeting schedule is as follows:
- April 25 - South Oakland County, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Baldwin Public Library, Rotary Room, 300 W. Merrill St., Birmingham
- April 26 - Detroit, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Detroit Historical Museum, Wrigley Hall and Booth Auditorium, 5401 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- April 30 - Wayne County, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Schoolcraft College VisTa Tech Center, Rennolds Room VT425, 18600 Haggerty Rd., Livonia
- May 2 - Washtenaw County, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Ann Arbor District Library Downtown, Multi-purpose room, 343 S. 5th Ave., Ann Arbor
- May 2 - North Oakland County, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Rochester Community House, Lewis Room, 816 Ludlow Ave., Rochester
- May 3 - Macomb County, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Mount Clemens Public Library, Auditorium, 150 Cass Ave., Mt. Clemens
For information about the proposal and to take a quick survery, visit www.RTAmichigan.org.