A man in his mid-50s was reportedly seen taking pictures of children at Eagle Pond park in Walled Lake.
Parents of students at Guest Elementary School notified the school of the incident and filed a police report.
According to reports, the man "swiftly" fled the scene in a white Ford Econoline work van when he was approached.
Administrators at Walled Lake School District sent a warning home to parents about the stranger danger incident, and they are currently working with local police to track down the suspect.
School administration asks parents to remind your children to:
- Be aware of their surroundings, including strangers or people in parked cars.
- Avoid any people they do not know.
- Do not respond to or accept offers or requests made by strangers (i.e., help me find my pet, etc.)
- Immediately report to their school, families, and police any approach made to them by a stranger.
- If possible, do not walk alone; walk with a friend, group of friends, or with an adult.