Ann Arbor Police say a University of Michigan student reported waking up to an unknown man in her bedroom.
The incident happened off-campus at about 5 a.m.
When the woman noticed the man in her room, the suspect fled, according to police reports.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact the University of Michigan Division of Public safety and Security at (734) 763-1131. The public can also contact the Ann Arbor Police Department's Tip Line at (734) 794-6939 or at email@example.com.
Here are some safety tips to follow:
- Keep all exterior doors and windows locked
- Keep exterior lights on at night
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle of residence
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative
- If you see something, say something. Report suspicious behavior by calling 9-1-1
- Or use the Confidential Tip Line at 1-800-863-1355