Another headache this weekend is coming for drivers who take westbound I-696 through Oakland County. For the third straight weekend, the highway will close between I-75 and Telegraph/US-24 for repairs.
Drivers getting around the closure can take I-75 and I-94 to M-102/8 Mile back to US-24/Telegraph and then back on westbound I-696.
Eastbound I-696 will remain open.
Westbound I-696 is still closed in Macomb County and has been since April 27 for MDOT's massive Moving Macomb project. It's expected that will reopen in November.
There are other headaches for drivers across metro Detroit this weekend, including a stretch of I-94 closing in both directions between I-75 and Conner in Detroit.
Other closures include:
- Oakland - Northbound I-75 at 9 Mile; right lane closed 9 p.m. Friday - 5 a.m. Monday
- Oakland - 9 Mile ramp to NB I-75 closed; 9 .m. Friday - 5 a.m. Monday
- Wayne - NB/SB I-75 ramp to EB I-94 ramps closed; 9 p.m. Friday - 5 a.m. Monday
- Wayne - NB I-75 from Sibley to Northline; 1 lane open, 2 lanes closed 9 p.m. Friday - 5 a.m. Monday
- Monday - NB I-75 ramp to NB US-24 connector ramp closing at 9 a.m. Monday through July 3