Westbound I-696 will close this weekend in Oakland County, MDOT says.
It will be closed from Dequindre Road to US-24/Telegraph, from 9 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.
Drivers can take I-75 or I-94 to M-102/8 Mile to US-24/Telegraph as a detour.
This will be the first I-696 closure in Oakland County. Eastbound I-696 will remain open.
WB I-696 has been closed in Macomb County since April 27 until November as part of MDOT'S massive reconstruction project.
Additional weekend closures:
- Oakland County - NB/SB M-5 will be closed from Maple to Pontiac Lake Trail on Saturday from 6am to Sunday at 5pm. There will only be one direction closed at a time.
- City of Detroit - EB/WB I-94 at Chene, there will be one lane open and two lanes closed starting Friday at 9 p.m. through Monday at 5 a.m. for bridge work.
- EB/WB I-94 at M-3 (Gratiot), one lane will be open starting Friday at 9 p.m. through Monday at 5 a.m. for bridge work.
- NB/SB I-75 will be closed from Clark to Livernois beginning Friday at 9 p.m. to Saturday at 12 p.m., detoured to service drives.
- NB/SB M-10 ramps to SB I-75, ramps will be closed beginning Friday at 9 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. (Detour: NB M-10 to NB I-75 to WB I-94 to EB I-96 to SB I-75
Detour: SB M-10 to WB I-94 to EB I-96 to SB I-75)
- SB M-10 ramp to Trumbull, the ramp will be closed starting Friday at 9 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. (use Howard to Trumbull)
- SB 14th St bridge over I-75, there will be a total closure beginning Friday at 7 p.m. to Tuesday. (use Temple/Trumbull/US-12)
- I-75 NB/SB ramps to Rosa Parks Blvd will be closed beginning Friday at 9 p.m. through June 1. (Detour: NB I-75 to SB M-10 to WB Howard to Rosa Parks Blvd
Detour: SB I-75 to WB I-96 to WB Warren to EB I-96 to SB M-10 to WB Howard to Rosa Parks Blvd)
- Rosa Parks ramp to SB I-75, ramp will be closed beginning Friday at 9 p.m. through June 1.