DETROIT (WXYZ) — We're just two weeks away from Opening Day at Comerica Park, and the Detroit Tigers announced several new food items, apparel and much for ahead of the 2019 season.
Check out all of the new items and things at Comerica Park for the 2019 season below.
Home Run Happy Hour
New this year is the home run happy hour, which will be available for the first hour after gates open at the Pepsi Porch.
- 24 oz Pepsi products and water for $3
- 16oz Miller Lite and Coors Light for $5
- Specialy cocktails for $5
- Jumbo hot dog basket for $5
- 1/4 lb burger basket for $5
- Classic nacho for $5
New Public Address Announcer
Jay Allen, a long-time public address announcer in Grand Rapids, will have his first season with the Tigers in 2019. He replaces long-time PA announcer Bobb Vergeils, who retired after the 2018 season.
New themed events for 2019
- Game of Thrones Gardy Bobblehead (April 17)
- Cat-urday (May 18)
- Mother/Son Day (May 19)
- Northwood University (July 19)
- Father/Daughter Day (July 21)
- University of Michigan – Dearborn (August 5)
- Pheasants Forever Night (August 28)
- AOD – Catholic Parish Night (September 10)
- University of Windsor (September 21)
- Rochester College (September 22)
New party areas at Comerica Park
Rooftop Deck - Groups can have a panoramic view of Comerica Park from the rooftop deck in right field.
Chevrolet Pavilion - The only all-inclusive party area at Comerica Park hosts groups from the time gates open through the final out.
New items at the "D Shop"
- DKNY – The DKNY sports line looks great and stays true to the brand’s style, while also representing the Tigers and Olde English ‘D’. The stylish and comfy line is for women, and includes leggings, joggers, tees, tanks and sweatshirts.
- Jewelry – 2019 marks the first season that the Tigers will be offering Pandora charms and Alex and Ani bracelets for sale at The D Shop, due to the strong demand from our fans.
- Columbia- Expanding the club’s relationship with Columbia, in 2019 the Tigers will offer additional women’s full- and quarter-zip jackets, as well as several new men’s pieces.
- New Era On-Field Cap – New to the club’s offering of hats is the New Era On-Field 59FIFTY Cap in the low-profile design, which has been added after much fan interest.
- Soft as a Grape – In an effort to revamp our women’s plus-size selection, the club has brought back Tigers merchandise with Soft as a Grape, and now offer various options of women’s plus size clothing ranging from 1X-4X.
- Monster Trucks, Cars and Toys – Expanding our selection for fans of all ages, the Tigers have added new novelty items this year, including remote control monster trucks and race cars, in addition to a few other toys for Tigers fans both big and small.
- Plush Items – Following strong demand for unique plush items, the club is adding unicorns, rose gold teddy bears and pink and white rabbits monogramed with the iconic Detroit Tigers Olde English ‘D’.
- Herschel – The Tigers are proud to partner with Herschel Supply Co. to meet guest desires for high-quality and fashionable bags, backpacks, duffel bags and even fanny packs.
New food items at Comerica Park
Food court locations
- Coney Dog Eggroll – Crispy eggroll filled with hot dog and chili, drizzled with classic mustard and a sprinkle of diced onions. Featured in the Food Court Midtown location.
- Beyond Burger – Plant based burger that looks, cooks and satisfies like beef topped with lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles and served with French fries. Featured in the Food Court Corktown location.
- Beyond Burger Bowl – Plant based burger that books, books and satisfies like beef on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes, onions and a pickle balsamic dressing. Also, featured in the Food Court Corktown location.
- French Onion Burger – Fresh burger smothered in Swiss cheese and caramelized onions, with a tangy zip sauce on the side, served with French fries, featured in the Food Court Corktown location.
- Al Pastor Dog – Natural casing hot dog topped with smoked pulled pork, pineapple relish, sriracha aioli, and cotija cheese. Sold in Food Court Downtown location.
- Bahn Mi – Thick slab of bacon topped with Asian slaw and sriracha aioli. Sold in Food Court Downtown location.
- Hand Carved Gyro – Soft pita filled with sizzling carved gyro meat, diced tomatoes, tzatziki sauce and red onion. Featured in the Food Court Greek location.
- Falafel – Soft pita filled with falafel, diced tomatoes, tzatziki sauce and red onion. Sold in the Food Court Greek location.
- Topped Falafel – Falafel topped with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, black olives and tzatziki sauce. Sold in the Food Court Greek location.
- Zeppole – (zeppōˈlē) Sweet deep-fried Italian pastry dough balls served with chocolate dipping sauce. Featured in Food Court Midway location.
- Guernsey Ice Cream – Featuring two new flavors – Blue Moon and Detroit Grand Slam.
Various ballpark locations
- Augmented Reality Souvenir Soda Cup – All large soda cups will have triggers that can be scanned with a cell phone for interactive play via the MLB App.
- Chicken Wings – Smoked chicken wings, marinated in a spicy beer marinade and served with celery sticks and a choice of BBQ or ranch dip. Sold in the Michigan Craft Beerlocation at Section 101.
- French Onion Topped Fries – Crispy French fries smothered in Swiss cheese and caramelized onions and drizzled with a tangy zip sauce. Featured in the Michigan Craft Beerlocation at Section 101.
- Craft Beer Flights – Enjoy three seven-ounce craft beer choices from Michigan Craft with our new Beer Flight.
- Chimichanga – Barbacoa chicken with shredded monterey jack cheese inside a flour tortilla, deep fried and topped with white cheddar queso, pico de gallo, and sour cream on a bed of lettuce. Served with Spanish rice and black beans. Sold in the Tiger Den.
- Italian Sandwich – Mortadella, capicola ham, and salami with shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion, banana pepper rings and Italian dressing on a sesame sub roll. Sold in the Miller Lite Pitcher's Pub.
- Farm Field Table Moroccan Spiced Beef Sandwich – Ras el Hanout rubbed beef, toum, pickles, onions, and olives on an artisan roll. Featured in the Corner Tap Room.
- Loaded Nacho Fries – Hand cut French fries topped with cheddar queso sauce, pico de gallo, jalapeno peppers, and cotija cheese. Sold in the Corner Tap Room.
Grab 'n go section
- Garden Salad Jars – Fresh spring mix, cheese and vegetables layered in a jar with ranch dressing – all to be shaken and enjoyed, right from the jar. Also available with chicken.
- Garden and Grain Salad Jars – Fresh spring mix, quinoa, farro, brown rice, cheese and vegetables layered in a jar with ranch dressing – all to be shaken and enjoyed right from the jar. Also available with chicken.
- Fresh Fruit Cups – Cups of refreshing melon, pineapple, berries and grapes.
- New Healthy Packaged Snacks – Sabra hummus and guacamole snack cups and Oh Snap Pickling Co. veggie or pickle snacks.