Metro Detroit mother warns about danger from Fidget spinner parts
DEARBORN, Mich. (WXYZ) - A metro Detroit mother is warning parents about the popular fidget spinners after her 3-year-old son swallowed a piece of the spinner this week.
Alissa Crawford says her son, Khale Crawford, went up to her and said his tummy hurt on Wednesday. He then told her he swallowed a part of the fidget spinner toy.
Alissa took Khale to the hospital where he had an x-ray and thankfully would not need surgery.
According to Alissa, the toys were a gift from the boys' grandmother, and she immediately threw them both away.
This comes just one day after a Texas girl choked on a part of a fidget spinner.
Like Us. We Like You.
Get local stories delivered directly to your newsfeed.
We're on Roku.
Stream local news, whenever you want.
Download the app today and get up to date info on the go.