Today is National Bacon Day!
Chef Ryan Miller from the newly opened Au Cochon in Birmingham stopped by by 7 Action News on TV20 Detroit to help celebrate. You can watch his segment in the video player above and you'll find his recipe below.
The restaurant is located at 260 N Old Woodward Ave.
Preparing the Glaze
2 oz honey
1 inch vanilla bean, split and scraped
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Bourbon
1/2 tsp salt
Preparing the Bacon
Slab of bacon of your choice
Coarse ground pepper
1. Vacuum seal bacon in heatproof pouch.
2. Place in Sous Vide machine at 180 degrees for 12 hours.
3. Remove from heat and transfer to cooler, pressed between two sheet pans, until fully chilled.
4. Remove from pouch and slice against the grain into 1/3 inch thick slices.
5. Sear over medium high heat until just crispy and golden brown.
6. Transfer to sheet tray and brush liberally with glaze.
7. Place under broiler to reduce glaze.
8. Transfer to serving platter and finish with a bit more glaze and cracked black pepper.